Todays's recipe is Carrot Kheer. I recently made this kheer for a potluck dinner and it was a hit. Everyone just loved it. But I could not take any pictures so couldn't blog about it. Again I made it this weekend when I went to visit my friend. I didn't want to miss it this time too, so in a hurry clicked some pictures and finally here I am with the recipe. Most of the carrot kheer I have come across is made with just pureed carrot, but I wanted add some texture, so added vermicelli along with the pureed carrot. It is a rich, creamy delicious payasam/kheer with the goodness of carrot.
What are the ingredients needed?
Carrots(Large), 2 nos.
Vermicelli, 2 tablespoons
Milk, 2 cups
Condensed milk, 1/4 cup
Sugar, 3 tablespoon+1 tablespoon
Cardamom- 4-5 nos
Ghee, 1 tablespoon
Cashew, 5-6 nos.
Saffrons, few strands
|Gajar ki kheer|
How it is made?
- Peel the carrots, dice and steam them. Once cooled, puree the carrots and keep them aside.
- Peal the cardamom take out the seeds and powder them with one tablespoon of sugar and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew and raisin till they turn slightly golden and set them aside.
- In the same pan add vermicelli and roast them. Then add 2 cups of milk and let it simmer till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Now add the pureed carrots, mix well. Then add condensed milk and sugar and let it simmer for few more minutes. Now add the powdered cardamom mix well and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with ghee fried cashews and raisins.
- It tastes best when served cold.
- Instead of vermicelli, you can add sooji, aval too.
- The amount of cashew and raisins you can add as per your preference.
- Adjust the sweetness of the kheer as per your liking.