My Hubby always complains when I make something sweet.So specially for him, I wanted to try savory muffins . I tried this oats carrot muffins twice already and Hubby just loved it, both taste wise and also health wise. It has oats, carrots and also made with low fat yogurt and milk. So this muffin is for all health conscious people.
What are the ingredients needed ?
Grated Carrot, 1 1/4 cup
Chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup
Wheat flour, 3/4 cup
Oat flour, 3/4 cup
Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
Baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper powder, 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
Low fat yogurt, 1/2 cup
Skimmed milk, 1/2 cup
Olive oil, 1/4 cup
How it is made?
- Pre- heat the oven to 375 F. Prepare the muffin pan by greasing and dusting it with flour.
- In a bowl, combine together wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, pepper powder, cumin powder, ginger powder and salt.
- To this mixture, add low fat yogurt, mix well. Then add milk, olive oil and mix well.
- Finally add the grated carrot and chopped cilantro and mix until they form a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour this batter into prepared muffin pan and bake for 17- 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven. Let it cool before removing from the pan.
- It yields about 10-12 muffins.
- To prepare oat flour at home, slightly roast the oats in a pan till slight aroma comes. Let it cool and then powder it in a blender. Or you can get them in the store.
- This muffin doesn't rise well like the one made with all purpose flour.
- The oven timings varies in each oven. So keep an eye in the oven after the muffin are in the oven for 15 minutes.