Usually on Saturdays, I cook simple lunch. Today I made sambhar and roasted baby potatoes. I love to cook vegetables in the oven because it is so easy and yet so delicious. I have already posted oven roasted broccoli recipe. We all loved these potatoes and it just disappeared in few minutes. Though I prepared it as a side dish, it can be had as a starter too.
What are ingredients needed?
Baby Potatoes, 1 lb
Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida, a pinch
Cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste,1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Olive oil, 1 table spoon
How it is made?
- Pre- heat the oven to 450 F.
- Wash the baby potatoes and cut them into half.
- Make a paste with oil, turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Toss in the baby potatoes in this paste till they are fully coated.
- Cover a cookie sheet with silver foil and slightly grease them. Arrange these coated baby potatoes such that the cut part faces down.
- Keep it in the oven for 20 minutes. Then take them out and turn the potatoes to other side and keep it in the oven for another 10 minutes till they are browned and are done.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving tray.
- Enjoy when it is still warm.