Today's recipe is Potato peas Pulao. A simple one pot meal that can be easily prepared and yet delicious. It is perfect for packing lunch too.Potato and peas make yummy combination which hardly anyone will say no to. This recipe is for the final day of the blogging marathon.
What are the ingredients needed?
Basmati Rice, 2 cups
Potato, 2 nos. (peeled and cubed)
Peas, 1 cup
Oil, 2-3 teaspoon
Fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon, a small stick (about 2" long)
Cloves, 3-4 nos.
Star Anise, 1 no.
Bay leaf, 1 no.
Red onions, 1 no. (finely sliced)
Green chillies- 3 nos.
Ginger garlic paste, 2 teaspoon.
Turmeric Powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Mint leaves, a handful
Cilantro- (a handful)
Salt, to taste
How it is made?
- Soak Basmati for 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, bay leaf and fry for a minute or two, then add the sliced onions, green chillies and fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, mint leaves and cilantro and saute for a minute.
- Then add potatoes, peas, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the soaked basmati rice, add water and close the lid and pressure cook, till it is done.
- Once pressure is released, open the lid, gently fluff the rice.
- Serve with any spicy side dish or you can even serve it with raitha.
- For cooking the rice, I added 3 3/4 cup of rice. But you can go ahead with your ratio which works best for your basmati rice.
- Pressure cooking time varies with each cooker. In my cooker, I cooked in medium high heat for one whistle and then lowered the heat and cooked for 5 minutes before I turned off the heat.