Today's recipe is a simple drink made with Almonds, Badam Kheer. I used to prepare it using ready made mix but never thought about making it from scratch until today. I came across this recipe from Sharmi's passions, it was so easy to make and delicious much better than the ready made mix.
What are the ingredients needed?
Almonds, 20 numbers
Milk, 1 1/2 cups
Sugar, 3 teaspoon
Saffron, 1 pinch
Cardamom powder, 1/2 teaspoon
How it is made?
- Soak almonds in warm water for around 10 minutes and peel the skin of the almonds and grind them into fine paste with a teaspoon of milk and keep it aside.
- Also soak a pinch of saffron in warm milk and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed wide pan, boil milk, add sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the soaked saffron and the ground paste and mix well and boil it for 3-5 minutes till the mixture starts thickening.
- Finally add the cardamom powder, mix well and turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped almonds.
- Serve it warm or cold, based on your preference.
It serves 1 person (if you are like me, badam kheer fan)