When I think of something gourmet in vegetarian dishes, the first to pop in my head is paneer. So if there is some party/get-together at home and I need to make some special vegetarian dish, I always make something in paneer. It is for Thaara's 3rd birthday party, I tried making Palak paneer for the first time and every one loved it. Palak paneer needs no introduction at all. So going straight to the recipe.
What are the ingredients needed?
Frozen spinach, 2 cups
Paneer, 250 gms
Tomatoes, 2 nos.
Oil, 2 tbs
Bay leaf, 1 no
Cloves, 3 nos
Cinnamon, 1 small stick
Onions(Large), 1 no.
Ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp
Cumin powder, 1 tsp
Chilli powder, 1 tsp
Coriander powder, 2 tsp
Garam masala powder, 1 tsp
Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp
Kasuri methi, 1 Tbs
Salt to taste
How it is made?
- Dice the paneer into cubes and fry them till they are lightly browned and set them aside.
- Blanch and puree the tomatoes and set them aside.
- Microwave the spinach for 5 minutes and puree them.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon, fry them for a minute or two and add the chopped onions and saute them till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, add cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Then add the pureed tomatoes and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the pureed spinach, salt to taste,mix well and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the paneer cubes and cook them covered for another 4-5 minutes, now add the kasuri methi leaves, mix them well and cook them for a minute or two and turn off the heat.
- Serve them with rotis or rice.
This is my final post for the blogging marathon#19. To check what the other marathoners are doing click here