Today's recipe is Chocolate Chip cookies. Both Thaara and the little one really loves these cookies . So I bake them often, but never got to blog about it. Couple of days back, my school friend Brinda had called me almost after 13 years, (Thanks to Facebook to get in touch with her) as we were talking, she asked if I have Chocolate chip cookie recipe in my blog. I assured to share the recipe with her soon. I think now is the right time. It is just 2 days before Christmas and we need cookies for Santa too. So baked these cookies today. As I am typing, I can really smell the chocolate from the cookies. Just took them out of the oven and they are cooling in the rack.
Recipe source: Very Best Baking
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 1 1/4 cup
Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Butter, 1/2 cup (1 stick)
Light Brown Sugar, 3/4 cup
Egg, 1 no.
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Semi sweet chocolate morsels, 1 cup
How it is made?
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until it is creamy.
- Then add one egg and beat well.
- To this mixture add flour mixture little by little and mix well.
- Finally stir in the morsels.
- Pre- heat the oven to 375 F.
- Take a non greased cookie sheet, scoop the cookie dough and drop using a table spoon measure.
- Line them with space in between them to expand.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes in baking sheet before removing and letting to cool in wire rack completely.
It yields about 2 dozen cookies.
- In addition to chocolate chip cookies, you can add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts too for variation
- As per the original recipe, for the total amount of sugar needed, they have used half white sugar and half brown sugar.
- The cookie once taken out will be soft to touch , so wait for 2 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack to let it cool completely.