When we were kids my Dad used to get cornflakes mixture for snack, which was one of my favorites. I just love it. I have seen my MIL preparing it at home once. But never have tried preparing it at home. Yesterday the weather was cold so decided to give it a try for evening snack. It was so easy to prepare and tasted just like the one Dad used to get for us. Here is the recipe
What are the ingredients needed?
Cornflakes, 2 cups
Pottu kadalai/Dalia/ Roasted gram, 1/2 cup
Raw peanuts, 1/2 cup
Curry leaves, a hand ful
Chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil, to deep fry
How it is made?
- Heat oil.
- Deep fry peanuts in batches. Remove and drain them in paper towel.
- Then deep fry roasted gram and drain them in paper towel.
- Then deep fry corn flakes in batches and drain them too.
- Finally deep fry the curry leaves.
- Then when they are still warm mix all of the fried peanuts, roasted gram, cornflakes and curry leaves with salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder. ( May be put them in a bottle together and shake, shake, shake till they are mixed.)
- Transfer to an airtight container and store, if you are planning to store for long.
Serves 2-3 people. (of course, depending on how each person eats though.. ;) )
- The temperature of oil is very important. It should not be too hot or too low.
- Too hot oil burns the ingredient and too low makes it soggy.