Today I was not in a mood to cook any elaborate meal, but wanted to cook a very simple side dish which involves less work. So decided to make oven roasted Broccoli. Washed, cut the broccoli and tossed with some ingredients, kept in the oven, turned on the timer and went to do other chores. It was ready without having to stand in front of the stove. Simple and easy yet a delicious side dish.
What are the ingredients needed?
Broccoli, 1 lb
Olive oil, 1 Tbs
Ground pepper, 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp
Salt to taste
How it is made?
- Wash and cut the broccoli into small florets. Drain the excess water and dry them thoroughly.
- Mix the oil, chilli, pepper & turmeric powders along with ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Toss the broccoli well in this mixture such that all the florets are coated well.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Take a cookie sheet, line it with aluminium foil, then grease with few drops of oil.
- Arrange the broccoli in the sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then take the sheet out, gently toss the broccoli and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Now it is crispy and slightly browned on the edges. It is ready to serve.
- If you want the broccoli to be crisp, then after washing, pat them dry thoroughly.
- Also while arranging the broccoli, don't pile them up one above the other.