For this month's Blog Hop Wednesday, I am paired with Surabhi Nayak. She has a wonderful space with some cool recipes. I was most attracted by her Mocha Mug Cake. It is a chocolate and coffee combination and also I love Mug cakes, they are easy to make and can satisfy your cravings instantly. Earlier I have posted a Chocolate Mug Cake.
Surabhi had posted the recipe with egg, but I wanted to try it without egg and also tweaked it a little bit to suit our tastes. Yum!! The cake came out soft and delicious. I served it with chocolate syrup and added sprinkles too.
What are the ingredients needed?
Whole wheat flour, 4 Tablespoons
Cocoa Powder, 1 Tablespoon
Instant Coffee Powder, 2 Teaspoons
Sugar, 2 Tablespoons
Salt, a pinch
Baking Powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Baking soda, a pinch
Milk, 2 Tablespoons
Yogurt, 2 Tablespoons
Oil, 2 Tablespoons
Vanilla Extract, 1/2 teaspoon
Chocolate syrup, to drizzle
How it is made?
- First combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, sugar, salt , baking soda and baking powder.
- Then add milk, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour this into a greased mug and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cake is ready. Drizzle some chocolate syrup add some sugar sprinkles and enjoy.
- You can use the mug itself to mix and microwave. (One less bowl to clean). But make sure it is mixed well.
- It you don't want the coffee flavor to be strong, adjust the coffee powder accordingly.
- Also this is mildly sweet cake. You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
- Time in the microwave for the cake to be done, varies with each microwave. Mine was done in less than 2 minutes. So keep your eye on the microwave when it is close to 1.30 minutes.
- Only when taken out in the right time, the cake will be soft.Over done cakes are dry. So watch out.
This is for the Blog hop Wednesday @ Tickling Palates