Today's recipe is Inippu ellu Kozhukattai that is coconut, jaggery and sesame seeds stuffed kozhukattai. Every year for Vinayagar Chathurthi, Mom used to make this kozhukattai. It is my favorite and now Thaara also loves this. For this Vinayagar Chathurthi, I made plain kozhukattai, this sweet kozhukattai, Kondai kadalai sundal and Besan Ladoo.
What are the ingredients needed?
For outer covering,
Rice Flour, 1 1/2 cup
Salt, a pinch
Hot Water, as needed (about 3/4 cup)
Grated coconut, 1/2 cup
Sesame seeds, 1/2 cup
Grated jaggery, 1/2 cup
Cardamom, 4-5 nos.
Sugar, 1 Tbs
How it is made?
The outer covering
- Mix the rice flour with a pinch of salt and add required hot water and knead them to a dough.( Mom doesnt use any other special process, just mix with water to form dough.I too follow that)
For the stuffing
- Dry roast the sesame seeds.
- Remove the skin of the cardamom and powder its seeds with a tablespoon of Sugar.
- Mix the sesame seeds, grated jaggery, grated coconut and powdered cardamom. Mix them well till they are fully incorporated.
- Take a lemon sized ball of dough and make it into a shape of a cup.
- Then stuff the cup with the prepared stuffing.
- Close it and seal it.
- Steam cook this kozhukattai for 6-7 minutes
Offer to God and Enjoy!
There are other methods of preparing the dough for the kozhukattai. This method for me is simple and it works just fine.