Today's recipe is Ellu urundai. I can't believe how simple it is, to make this dish. It required just 2 ingredients- sesame seeds and jaggery. When I came across this recipe, I definitely wanted to try this. I tried this morning and it tasted awesome, brought back all the child hood memories. It is after so many years am tasting ellu urundai.
What are the ingredients needed?
Sesame seeds, 1 cup
Jaggery, 3/4 cup
How it is made?
- Try roast the sesame seeds till they lightly change colour and aroma starts coming out.
- Grate the jaggery or powder them.
- Let the sesame seeds cool down a little and powder them coarsely in a blender.
- Then add the jaggery and blend them in the blender.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this mixture and roll them into balls.
- Ellu urundai is ready.Enjoy!!
- You can use black sesame seeds, I have used white sesame seeds here.
- If needed, you can add some cardamom powder too, just a pinch for flavor.