For the final day of the blogging marathon it is coffee and chocolate combo again. Today's recipe is Mocha snack cake. The cake is rich, soft and doesn't require any icing and they can be just snacked on.
The recipe is adapted from Land O lakes
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 1 1/2 cup
Un-sweetened cocoa, 1/4 cup
Baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Freshly brewed coffee, 1 cup
Butter(room temperature), 1/3 cup
Sugar, 3/4 cup
Egg, 1 no
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
Chocolate syrup/ Powdered sugar
How it is made?
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare an 8" square pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, add the egg and vanilla and mix them well.
- Then combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add this mixture little by little to the butter mixture, alternating with little coffee mixture till they are all fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 25- 30 minutes till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool. Slice and serve.
- I served them with chocolate syrup. Or you can just sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve.
To check what the other marathoners are doing, click here