Today's recipe is Mocha snack cake. The cake is rich, soft and doesn't require any icing and they can be just snacked on.
The recipe is adapted from Land O lakes
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 1 1/2 cup
Un-sweetened cocoa, 1/4 cup
Baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Freshly brewed coffee, 1 cup
Butter(room temperature), 1/3 cup
Sugar, 3/4 cup
Egg, 1 no
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
Chocolate syrup/ Powdered sugar
How it is made?
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare an 8" square pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, add the egg and vanilla and mix them well.
- Then combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add this mixture little by little to the butter mixture, alternating with little coffee mixture till they are all fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 25- 30 minutes till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool. Slice and serve.
- I served them with chocolate syrup. Or you can just sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve.