I absolutely love coffee, but on the contrary my hubby loves tea. Also according to him, coffee is bad for health so he restricts me from having it once a week. That is also one of the reason for selecting the theme "Cooking using chai or coffee" for this blogging marathon . :) My love for coffee. Next two days will be recipes with coffee.
Once deciding on the theme, started looking for recipes. One afternoon was watching food network and came across this mocha granita by Melissa d'Arabian and instantly wanted to try this. Coffee and chocolate make a great combo and it is very easy to make and perfect for this weather so there was no stopping.
What are the ingredients needed?
Freshly brewed coffee, 1 1/2 cups ( room temperature)
Milk, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1/4 cup
Chocolate syrup, 2 Tbs
Whipped cream topping(optional)
How it is made?
- Mix the coffee, milk, sugar and chocolate syrup until they are well combined.
- Transfer them in a freezer safe container.
- Freeze them till they are firm, stirring every 45 minutes.
- Before serving, scrape it with fork to form crystals.
- Scoop the granite into the serving dish of your choice, top it with whipped cream and enjoy.
To check out what the other marathoners are doing click here.