I absolutely love coffee, but on the contrary my hubby loves tea. Also according to him, coffee is bad for health so he restricts me from having it once a week. One afternoon was watching food network and came across this mocha granita by Melissa d'Arabian and instantly wanted to try this. Coffee and chocolate make a great combo and it is very easy to make and perfect for this weather so there was no stopping.
What are the ingredients needed?
Freshly brewed coffee, 1 1/2 cups ( room temperature)
Milk, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1/4 cup
Chocolate syrup, 2 Tbs
Whipped cream topping(optional)
How it is made?
- Mix the coffee, milk, sugar and chocolate syrup until they are well combined.
- Transfer them in a freezer safe container.
- Freeze them till they are firm, stirring every 45 minutes.
- Before serving, scrape it with fork to form crystals.
- Scoop the granite into the serving dish of your choice, top it with whipped cream and enjoy.