I found this recipe in the back of Hershey cocoa powder container. It is the "Perfect Chocolate'y" Hot Cocoa. It is for the single serving. Of course, the mug has to be big. I really don't understand the combination of hot cocoa and marshmallows but my daughter always wants them together. So if I have to lighten up her mood, bribe her for something this hot cocoa really works very well. But Hubby sure does complain about the sugar in it. So taken in moderation, it is definitely a delight.
What are the ingredients needed?
Milk, 1 cup
Cocoa powder, 3 Tsp
Sugar, 2 Tbs
Salt, a small pinch
Vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp
How it is made?
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
- Heat the milk in microwave for 1 and 1/2 minutes or until its hot.
- Then add 1/4 cup of hot milk to the cocoa mixture, stir well until they are well mixed without any lumps.
- Add the rest of the milk, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Serve hot as is or serve with marshmallows.