I was planning to bake bread, since long, but because of the tight schedule, that was pending. I was browsing for inspiration and came across this Honey tea Bread, made a few changes and baked. It is a quick bread, soft, has got a mild taste of tea and is sweetened with honey. Perfect to serve with Tea or even breakfast.
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 2 cup
Baking powder, 2 tsp
Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Strongly brewed tea (black tea), 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
Milk, 1/2 cup
Honey, 1/2 cup
Freshly grated ginger, 3/4 tsp
Oil, 1/4 cup
Egg, 1 no
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
Dried fruits, 1/4 cup ( I used raisins and cranberries, 50: 50)
Chopped Walnuts, 2 Tbs
How it is made?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the loaf pan by greasing and flouring it and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine milk and tea and beat in the egg, honey, vanilla extract and oil.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and gently mix them.
- Finally fold in the dried fruits, nuts and grated ginger till they are fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 45- 50 minutes, till the fork inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Let it cool completely before slicing them.
- Slice, Serve and Enjoy.