For the final day of the marathon under the theme Kids delight- chocolates, am posting today Chocolate Almond Fudge or Chocolate Badam Burfi. This dessert is inspired from two dishes- one from Srivalli's Microwave Chocolate Burfi and the other the recent cake I made Reina de Saba- Chocolate Almond Cake. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, a combination dish is born. So it is chocolate and almond combination again and it is made in microwave, in a jiffy. But of course you have to wait for the fudge/burfi to set, so that you can slice it and enjoy. That is the hardest part. :)
Me and my daughter made this burfi together. She was telling me, " Amma, I dont need your help, this is so easy, I can do it all by myself".Anyways I cannot leave a 5 yr old to handle this alone. When I left the burfi to set in the refrigerator, she did not have patience to wait, so took her out and when we came back it was set. Sliced them, took some pictures, as usual she helped me and after that She finished most of the burfis by herself. She loved it. Anyways it is chocolate, it is a wonder only if she doesn't eat it.
What are the ingredients needed?
Condensed milk, 1 tin (396 gms)
Cocoa Powder, 2 Tbs
Sugar, 2 tsp
Butter, 4 tsp (room temperature)
Pulverised Almonds, 5 Tbs
Toasted almonds(chopped), 3 Tbs
Almond Extract, 1/4 tsp
How it is made?
- Mix all the ingredients together such that they are mixed well without any lumps.
- Then microwave for 2 minutes.
- Take out, mix well and microwave again for 2 minutes.
- Again take out and mix well and microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Prepare an 8 * 8 square pan by applying butter.
- Then pour this mixture into the prepared pan and let it cool.
- Once cooled, leave it in refrigerator for another 30 minutes to 1 hour till it sets.
- Then slice and enjoy.
Linking this to the blogging marathon and Srivalli's Kids Delight Chocolates @ Ribbons to Pastas, Cooking made easy with chocolates & Cocoa @ Spice n Sugar Tales