Today's recipe is Cauliflower Kurma. It is prepared in Chettinad style and it can be served as a side dish to chappathi.
Recipe Source: Chettinad Recipes
What are the ingredients needed?
Cauliflower, 1 small
Medium size Tomatoes (chopped), 2 nos
Oil, 2 Tbs
Fennel seeds, 1 tsp
Salt, to taste
Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp
Water, as needed
Cilantro, to garnish
To grind together
Grated coconut, 1/4 cup
Chopped Onion, 1 no.
Cashew nuts, 10 nos
Roasted Bengal gram (pottu kadalai), 1 Tbs
Poppy seeds, 1 tsp
Cardamom, 3 nos
Cloves, 3 nos
Cinnamon, 1 small piece
Garlic, 3 cloves
Green chillies, 2 nos
Red chillies, 2 nos
Coriander seeds, 1 tsp
How it is made?
- Chop cauliflower into small florets and cook them for about 3-4 minutes till they are half done.
- Grind together the ingredients listed under to grind together.
- Heat the oil in the skillet, add fennel seeds, once they sputter add chopped tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Then add turmeric powder, ground paste and cook till the raw smell is gone. Then add cauliflower, mix well.
- Add water to get the desired consistency, add required salt and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with cilantro.
- Ready to be served with chappathi.