Every now and then, when there are over ripe bananas the first thing that comes on my mind is Banana muffin and I have been baking them often. But still I haven't posted them on the blog. So this weekend just for blogging, baked some muffins. The muffins were soft and light, and within few minutes from baking, they were fast disappearing. Courtesy: Hubby and Kids. This shows how much they like them. :)
The recipe is from Joy of Baking and I only change I did from the original recipe is substituting white granulated sugar with light brown sugar.
What are the ingredients needed?
Over ripe bananas, 2 nos.
All purpose flour, 1 3/4 cup
Light Brown Sugar, 3/4 cup
Baking powder, 1 tsp
Baking soda, 1/4 tsp
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Ground cinnamon, 1 tsp
Eggs, 2 nos
Unsalted Butter(melted and cooled), 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
How it is made?
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the muffin tray by placing the paper liners or alternatively you can grease and flour the pan.
- Mash the over ripe bananas and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt,sugar, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, Melted butter, vanilla extract and to this add the lightly beaten eggs and mix well.
- Then add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix well till they are fully incorporated into a homogeneous mixture. Don't over mix them, then the muffins will be rubbery.
- Pour the batter to the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until its done and the tooth pick inserted in the center, comes out clean.