It is the blogging marathon time of the week and I have selected the theme, Kids delight- Chocolates. I have been having chocolate fever for quite sometime, hence my last few recipes and now too, they are all of chocolate. And I promise after that, will stay away from chocolate for sometime. I hope so.
Today's recipe is 2 minutes chocolate mug cake.i.e., the time for mixing it and making it ready is 2 minutes. I found this recipe, even before I started blogging and have been making this mug cake whenever I feel like having cake but not enough patience to bake a whole cake and wait for more than 30 minutes to get that ready. This is easy, takes less time and since everything is mixed in the mug itself, easy for cleaning. I have been wanting to post this recipe here for quite sometime now and finally posting it today.
Original recipe from Home of the lazy dog
What are the ingredients needed?
All-purpose flour, 3 Tbs
Baking Soda, a pinch
Salt, a pinch
Sugar, 2 Tbs
Vegetable Oil, 2 tsp
Water, 2 Tbs
Vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp
Chocolate syrup, to drizzle on top
Chopped almonds to decorate
How it is made?
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, sugar and baking powder in the mug.
- Then add vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract and mix well till they are homogeneous and there are no lumps.
- Then place in microwave and switch it on for 1.5 minutes.
- Let it cool, drizzle some chocolate syrup, decorate with some chopped almonds and enjoy.
- Alternatively, you can mix in another bowl, transfer to the mug and microwave. If doing in the mug itself, take care to see all the flour is mixed well.
- Take care not to microwave for long, then the cake will be dry, settings of each microwave may be different, check yours and adjust the timing accordingly.