I really had no idea how much soya chunks will attract my kids. I made this dry curry with soya chunks and mixed vegetable, to go with chappathis for dinner. As soon as I cooked them, transferred them to a bowl and was taking some pictures of them to post along with the recipe, both kids couldn't resist, they started eating right from the bowl. So making them eat today's dinner was easy.
What are the ingredients needed?
Soya chunks, 1 cup
Onion, 1 no.
Bell pepper, 1 no.
Mixed vegetable- chopped (carrot, beans, peas, corn), 1 1/2 cup
Shredded cabbage, 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste
Chilli powder, 1 tsp
Coriander powder, 2 tsp
Oil, 2- 3 tsp
Fennel seeds, 1 tsp
Kasoori methi leaves, 1 tbs
Salt to taste
How it is made?
- Cook soya chunks as per the package instructions and squeeze out the excess water and set it aside.
- Chop the onions and bell pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the fennel seeds and fry for a minute or two, then add the chopped onions, bell pepper and saute for 2- 3 minutes.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste, chilli power, coriander powder , mix well.
- Then add the shredded cabbage, mixed vegetables, soya chunks and add salt to taste, mix well.
- In a low flame, cover and cook till its done.
- Then add the kasoori methi leaves, mix them and then let it sit for sometime and then serve.