It is day 2 of the blogging marathon and I am posting under the theme Kids delight- Evening tiffin/snacks. Today's recipe is the peanut butter cookies, I baked with my daughter. Since it is summer vacation here, she is at home all day and I have to do something to keep her engaged all the time. You all must know how difficult it is. Anyways, Thaara loves to bake along with me.She wanted to bake something, we baked this cookies. The original recipe is from Joy of Baking and I halved the recipe and I avoided egg and used milk instead of it. Result was a delicious cookies with right amount of crunch. For me it reminded me the taste of Kadala mittai. :)
What are the ingredients needed?
Unsalted butter(room temperature), 5 Tbs
Light brown sugar, 1/4 cup
White granulated sugar, 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
Peanut butter, 5 Tbs
All purpose flour, 1 cup
Baking soda, 1/4 tsp
Milk, 1 Tbs, as needed
How it is made?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, light brown sugar and white sugar until they are fluffy. To this add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix them well.
- In another bowl, combine together flour and baking soda. To this add the butter mixture and a table spoon of milk and mix well.
- Drop cookies 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten with fork dipped in flour to make crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Remove the cookies from the oven, let them cool completely.
- Enjoy with a cup of milk.