This time both Blogging marathon and blog hop were almost in the same time. Though I prepared the dish much ahead of time, pictures were ready, but I didn't get time to sit and write the post with kids running around, pulling and pushing things.It is kind of crazy here. I could hardly manage do one post a day. So the marathon was over yesterday and today am posting for the Blog Hop. I was paired with Swetha of Our Cherished world. She has a nice space with lot of good recipes. I selected her Simple chicken Fry.The reason why I selected this is, I don't have much non-vegetarian recipes in my space. So am on a mission to post few non veg recipes to create a balance and selected her chicken Fry. I made some changes to her recipe, the main thing is reduced the chillies to suit our taste and we all love it.It was very easy to make and very delicious. I made Coconut milk Pulao to go with it.Rice, rasam and this will also be a good combination. Will be posting the recipe for coconut milk pulao next week. Please do come back to check it.
For the original recipe, click here
What are the ingredients needed?
Boneless chicken, 1 lb
Yogurt, 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder, 1 tsp
Salt, to taste.
Onion, 1 large
Garlic, 5 cloves
Ginger, 1 " long
Fennel seeds, 1 tsp
Other ingredients required
Oil, 2 Tbs
Cloves, 3-4 nos
Cinnamon, one small piece
Garam masala, 1/2 tsp
Cilantro(chopped), to garnish
How it is made?
- Marinate the chicken for atleast half an hour with yogurt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Grind onion, garlic, ginger and fennel seeds into a paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cinnamon and cloves and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the ground paste and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Then add the marinated chicken and cook in medium to low flame till the chicken is done and all the liquid is evaporated and the desired consistency is obtained.
- Then add the garam masala, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Now garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice of your choice.
Sending this to Blog Hop Wednesday # 19 @ Tickling Palates.