Broccoli is one of Thaara's favorite vegetable. So at least once in a week, this veggie will be on the menu. Today's recipe is Broccoli stir fry. It is a simple stir fry goes well with rice and sambhar.
What are the ingredients needed?
Broccoli florets(cleaned ), 4 cups
Onion (small) , 1 no
Oil, 1 Tbs
Cumin seeds, 1 tsp
Red chillies, 3-4 nos
Ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp
How it is made?
- Heat the oil and add cumin seeds and red chillies and then add onions and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and add the broccoli florets, salt to taste. Mix well.
- If needed, sprinkle some water and cover and cook in low flame till its done. Take care not to overcook it.
- I sometimes use frozen broccoli, so let that thaw completely and remove all excess water and then start cooking, also do not add water to cook. Otherwise its going to be very mushy.
- Cover and cook the broccoli in low flame, it will cook on its own steam. Only if needed, sprinkle some water.