Today's recipe is Javvarisi payasam. I am posting the microwave version today. It is simple and easy to make payasam.
Few days back one of my neighbor had made this payasam for her wedding anniversary and brought it home. It brought back a lot of childhood memories. It has been years since I had this payasam last. So I definitely wanted to try this payasam. I tried making this for my son's star birthday, the sago took forever to cook and sugar was very low. Then yesterday I soaked it for sometime and cooked sago and dessert came out good, but it was little burnt in the bottom, I still took a little and saved for the picture and rest gave it to everyone at home. Today morning I was looking for the payasam to take picture at home. I could not find it at all. I could not figure what happened to it. Later when Hubby called I asked him about the payasam, he laughed merrily and told me since he had to work late night yesterday he finished it off in the night itself.
So today again had to make some for posting. I decided to try making it in the microwave.
Javvarisi, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Milk, 1 cup
Condensed milk, 1/4 cup
Cardamom, 4-5 nos.
Ghee, 2-3 tsp
Cashew, 8- 10 nos.
Raisins, 8- 10 nos.
How it is made?
- Soak Sago for 30 minutes. Then drain the excess water and wash away the starch in it.
- Then in a microwave safe bowl, add 1.5 cups of water and add the soaked sago and cook it for 15 minutes. In a equal intervals take the bowl out and stir and keep inside. Check the consistency. Once the sago turns transparent, its done.
- Then add the sugar, milk and condensed milk and mix well. Then microwave for 3 minutes.
- Powder the cardamom with sugar and mix with this and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix ghee with raisins and cashew and microwave for 30 seconds, toss them well and again microwave for 30 minutes, they will be roasted.
- Add this to the payasam.Mix and it is ready to serve.