Carrot Halwa needs no introduction at all. It is a rich dessert made with carrots and loaded with nuts and raisins. I made carrot halwa for my daughter. She is a big fan of carrots, almost to the doubt that she was a bunny in her last birth. Last week, She got full marks in her kumon math and had moved to next level. She has just started going to kumon and has moved from 4 A to 3 A. She was so happy and excited about that, so we wanted to celebrate . Celebrations call for something sweet always, right? So made this Halwa with her favorite carrot.
What are the ingredients needed?
Grated Carrot, 1 1/2 cups
Milk, 1 cup
Sugar, 1/4 cup
Condensed milk, 1/2 cup
Raisins, 1 Tbs
Cashew, 1 Tbs
Ghee, 1 Tbs
Cardamom, 4-5 nos.
|Gajar ka halwa|
- Powder the cardamom with 1-2 Tbs of Sugar.
- In a Tbs of ghee, and roast raisins and cashews.
How it is made?
- In a sauce pan, add the grated carrots and milk,let them cook.
- Once the carrot turns soft and milk starts evaporating, then add the condensed milk and sugar. Mix well.
- Then in equal intervals keep stirring and wait till all the liquid evaporates and the mixture comes to halwa consistency.
- Then add the powdered cardamom and mix well and remove from stove.
- Finally add the roasted cashew and raisins along with ghee and mix well and serve.
It serves 3 persons.
It can either be served warm or chilled. Sometimes it can be served warm with vanilla ice cream too. But I personally prefer it served chill and how about you?