Every Week, the Sunday breakfast has always been Pancakes at home. Though I make them very often have posted only one pancake (Blueberry pancake) recipe so far. So thought will post a basic pancake recipe today. This pancake is soft and fluffy and makes a hearty breakfast. It is very easy to make and you will never use box mix for making pancakes again.
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
Sugar, 1 Tablespoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Egg, 1 no.
Milk, 1 1/4 cups
Butter(melted), 3 Tablespoon
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- In a large bowl,Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Beat the egg, not too much, just till the yolk is mixed well and mix the milk, butter and vanilla extract and give a quick stir.
- Then pour this mixture to the flour mixture and mix till it forms a homogeneous mixture.
- Heat the griddle in medium high heat and grease it with butter. Then pour a ladle full of the pancake batter.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes when bubbles starts appearing on the surface then turn the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the griddle and stack them in a warm plate, drizzle some maple syrup and ready to serve.
- Ensure that milk and egg are in room temperature.
- Make sure not to over mix the batter, then pancake will become flat not fluffy.
- Every now and then grease the griddle with butter to ensure that pancakes don't stick to the griddle.
- Sometimes when the griddle gets too hot, sides will be burnt but still the pancake will be un-cooked, that time just reduce the heat. So that there will be even browning and proper cooking.