Its been more than 2 weeks with not much activity in my blog. First, we went on a vacation and then after coming back, my daughter fell sick. So I could not contribute anything to the blog. So am back now, for the blog hop. I am paired with Radhika of Tickling Palates. She needs no introduction at all. She has an enormous collection of wonderful recipes. It was so difficult to pick just one. I have bookmarked some recipes which I will post later. When I looked at my recipe collection, most of them were bakes. So I restricted myself from baking and selected this Soya Chunks Peas Pulao. Its a wholesome one pot meal, thats what i love about this.
Soya chunks are textured vegetable protein. Though they are 100% vegetarian they mimic the texture of meat and also has protein equal to meat. My daughter thinks they are chicken, so whenever I cant cook chicken will make this chunks and she loves it.
Basmati Rice (uncooked), 2 cups
Soya chunks, 1 cup
Peas, 2/3 cup
Onion(chopped), 1 cup
Tomato(Chopped), 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp
Red chilli powder, 1 tsp
Garam masala powder, 1 tsp
Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp
Mint leaves, 1 handful
Cilantro, 1 handful
Fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon, 1 small stick
Cloves, 4-5 nos.
Bay leaf, 1 no.
Salt to taste
Oil, 2 tsp
- Soak Basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Cook soya chunks as per the instructions given in its package. Completely drain the water. Squeeze well to remove excess water and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaf and then add onions and saute till its golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, mint leaves and cilantro and cook for 2-3 minutes till they are cooked and soft.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- To this add the soaked rice, prepared soya chunks and peas, also add 4 cups of water and salt to taste and pressure cook till its done.