It is Blueberry Ice cream. We love ice creams. There will always be ice cream in the freezer. Even in the middle of the night, me and hubby will have a scoop or two. Even being an ice cream lover have never tried making it so far. So this is my first attempt and considering that, the outcome is a huge success. Though blueberries are rich in so many health benefiting nutrients, still I don't like to eat just the fruit. So It will be either pancakes or muffins. So now ice cream too is in the list.
What are the ingredients needed?
Heavy cream, 1 1/2 cup
Milk, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
Water, 2 Tbs
Blueberries, 1 cup
Mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
How it is made?
- In a saucepan, stir in blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbs water and simmer them till the sugar is completely dissolved and blueberries have softened. Then turn off the stove and let it cool.
- In another saucepan, combine together heavy cream, milk, rest of the sugar and vanilla extract and simmer it for 4-5 minutes.Remove from the heat and let this mixture cool down.
- Once the blueberries mixture have cooled, puree them. And when the milk mixture is cooled mix both the mixtures together.
- Then leave this mixture in freezer for about 20 minutes. Take it out and whisk it well and keep it back in the freezer. Repeat this every 30 minutes till its frozen. It will be in the texture of soft serve ice cream.
- Then cover the mixture and freeze it till its firm.(if you plan to store it or prefer it firm)
- Then let it sit in room temperature for 5 minutes, scoop it and serve.
|Blueberry Ice cream|