Today I am posting Potato Stuffed Buns (egg-less) . I first had an idea to bake just the plain bun. But the day i baked, I made potato masala for lunch and there was a lot extra, so I decided to use it for stuffing the bun.Stuffed Bun can be a perfect tea time snack or light breakfast / lunch. It is delicious to have with tomato ketchup.
Yogurt, 2 Tbs
Yeast, 1 1/4tsp
Potatoes, 2 no
Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder, a pinch
Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp
Cilantro, a small bun
Salt, to taste
To prepare stuffing
- Boil and mash potatoes
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, then add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is gone. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder and cook for 1-2 min. Then mix well with mashed potatoes, add salt to taste and garnish with cilantro.
For the buns
- In a bowl combine 1 cup of flour and yeast and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat milk water, butter, salt and sugar and stir until warm and the butter is melted.
- Add this mixture to the flour and mix well. Then add rest of the flour little by little and knead. Then add 2 tablespoon of yogurt and knead to get a soft dough. If the dough is hard, add water, little by little and keep kneading till u get the soft dough. Then let it rise for 2 hours.
- Gently deflate the dough and turn it to the other side and rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts . Flatten them fill them with 1 Tbs of filling and roll them back to a ball and flatten them a little bit.
- Arrange the prepared balls of dough in a greased baking tray, leaving 2" gap on each side. Let it rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Pre- heat the oven to 375F and apply butter to the top of the bun and bake for 15-17 minutes until its done.
- Once removed from the oven, apply rest of the butter to it.
- Serve it warm.