தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்!!
Ravai Payasam/ Sooji kheer/ Semolina Pudding
Ravai/ Semolina/ Sooji, 1/2 cup
Milk, 2 cup
Condensed milk, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Cardamom, 4-5 nos
Saffron strands, 6-7
Ghee, 2 Teaspoons
Raisins & Cashewnuts
- Take a table spoon of sugar and powder cardamom with it.
- In a tea spoon of ghee, fry cashew nuts and raisins. Set aside.
- Soak saffron in warm milk for few minutes.
- In a sauce pan, add a teaspoon of ghee and roast rava till the raw smell is gone and it changes color lightly.
- Then add milk to this rava and stir constantly to avoid forming any lumps and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- As per the desired consistency, check payasam and add water and simmer for few minutes.
- Add condensed milk to this and mix well. Add rest of the sugar and mix well.
- Finally, add the powdered sugar, soaked saffron and mix well and Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
Based on your personal preference, payasam can be served either hot or cold.