Today I am sharing here Dates Bread recipe. It is a quick bread made with whole wheat flour loaded with dates. It is perfect for healthy snacking.
I am so much into baking these days that any dish that involves baking catches my attention first. Most of the time, the new dish I try will be baked one. So when I was thinking about what to make for our trip, quick bread came to my mind. Had lots of dates left so decided on this dates bread. I had also made banana muffins- will post that recipe soon. This was our breakfast along for all the three days. Bread was in a rich golden color and was very soft. It stayed soft too. Kids loved it. Since it is made out of wheat flour, light brown sugar and dates, green signal from Hubby too.
Whole wheat flour , 2 cups
Light brown sugar, 1 cup
Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
Baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Egg, 1 (lightly beaten)
Milk , 1 cup
Vegetable oil, 5 tablespoon
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Chopped dates, 1 cup
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients(flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda) together.
- In another bowl mix egg, milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add this egg mixture to the flour and mix it till its forms a homogenous mixture. But dont over mix it.
- Finally fold in the chopped dates.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F Grease the loaf pan and spoon the batter to the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 min or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Slice and serve.
- I used a 9*5*3 inch loaf pan but u can also use 8*4*2 inch pan too.
- Bread tastes better the next day. After cooling the baked bread, wrap it and store overnight.