There were few ripe bananas sitting in the fruit basket. Quick bread was the quick choice. So baked this Banana bread. It is a delicious breakfast recipe.
Original recipe from Joy of Baking
All-purpose flour, 1 3/4 cups
White sugar, 3/4 cups
Baking powder, 1 Teaspoon
Baking soda, 1/4 Teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 Teaspoon
Ground cinnamon, 1 Teaspoon
Eggs, 2 nos.
Unsalted butter, 1/2 cup
Ripe bananas, 3 nos.
Vanilla Extract, 1 Teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare the 9*5 inch loaf pan by greasing and dusting the flour and set it aside.
- Mash the bananas well. Melt the butter also lightly beat the eggs and keep them ready.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients together. (Flour, Sugar, Baking powder, Baking soda,salt and ground cinnamon).
- In another bowl, add the mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract and mix them together.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix them till they form a homogenous mixture. But donot over mix the dough.
- Place the dough in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes till the bread is golden brown and the tooth pick inserted in the centre should come out clean.
- Let the bread cool down before removing from the pan.
- Let the bread rest overnight and then slice and serve.