I love to eat deep fried fish , but I did not feel good about the fact, that the oil used for deep frying has to be discarded and cant be used for anything else. It was a big waste according to me. So most of the time I would pan fry the fish. Deep frying or pan frying- it takes a lot of time, to do them in batches and I had to stand near the stove all the time. Sometime the fish will break into pieces while I try to flip it. Hubby does not like the smell of the fish, while cooking. He complains that the whole apartment smells fish. So I tried baking the fish. Though it took 20- 30 min for the whole process, once mixed and kept in the oven and set the timer, can go do the other work until the timer beeps. No complaint from Hubby too. Very easy and simple alternative for fried fish.
Fish (Salmon or Tilapia) , 1 lb
Chilli powder, 1 tsp
Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp
Oil, 2-3 Tsp
Salt, to taste
- In a bowl combine chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste salt and 2 tsp of oil to form a paste.
- Apply this paste to the cleaned fish.
- Line the baking tray with silver foil and grease it with oil. Arrange the fish on this prepared tray.
- Pre-heat the ovento 400F and bake the fish for 15 minutes then turn the fish to the other side and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Take out the fish and serve it hot.
- You can use any fish(with less or no bones) of your choice.
- The timing in the oven varies with the thickness of the fish.