My little girl, Thaara loves paneer a lot. She has been asking for some paneer dish for a long time. So,I thought will make a simple paneer gravy and pulao for lunch.
What are the ingredients needed?
Cooked Basmati rice, 4 cups
Mushroom (sliced) ,1 1/2 cup
Cabbage (finely shredded), 1 cup
Oil, 1 Tablespoon
Ghee, 1 Tablespoon
Fennel seeds,1/4 tsp
Cinnamon,1 small piece
Bay leaves,1 no.
Cashew, 7-8 nos
Onion (finely chopped) ,1/4 cup
Bell pepper(chopped),1/4 cup
Green onions(chopped), 4-5 nos
Green chillies,3 nos
Ginger garlic paste,1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
How it is made?
- Heat the oil and ghee and add fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves, fry for a minute or two, then add onion, green chillies, green onions ,bell pepper & Cashews and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add turmeric & ginger- garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add cabbage and mushroom, salt as required and cook them covered in a low flame until they are well cooked. If needed, sprinkle little water.(cook till all the water is evaporated)
- Mix this mixture with rice and garnish with cilantro.
- Mushroom cabbage pulao is ready.
- Instead of Basmati rice, you can use ordinary rice (ponni/ sona masoori) too.
- While cooking the veggies, keep them covered and in low flame, it will get cooked by the steam generated it wouldn't require any water. But if needed sprinkle little water and also make sure that veggies are not over cooked and all the water is evaporated, before mixing with rice.