Hello Friends,How are you all doing?? Here in US, it is a long holiday weekend. On Thanksgiving day,We had potluck with friends and for Black Friday did a lot of shopping and the other two days spent at home,all in all it is a fun and relaxing weekend. Please do share with us how you spent your holidays. Hope you had a great time too.
I just can't believe it is December already and it is a Holiday month. When you think of holidays, warm spices and baking comes to mind. I will share few holiday recipes here in the coming days. Today I am posting here Spiced Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I have already done a guest post with this recipe last year. So this time when I baked I am posting it here. I baked these for our Thanksgiving potluck along with some mini devils food cupcakes. I will be posting that recipe too. Coming to today's recipe,
What are the ingredients needed?
For the carrot cupcakes
Grated Carrots, 2 1/2 cups
All purpose flour, 2 cups
Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
Baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
Ground Ginger, 1/2 teaspoon
Ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon
Eggs, 4 nos.
Light brown Sugar, 1 cup
Honey, 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil, 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract, 2 teaspoon
For the frosting
Cream cheese, 1 cup
Butter, 1 cup
Sugar, 4 cup
Vanilla Extract, 2 teaspoons
How it is made?
For the cupcakes:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Prepare the cupcake pan by lining it with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, sift together, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ground spices(ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg). Keep this aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add sugar, mix well.Then add honey and mix and then vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- To this mixture, add flour mixture little by little and mix well till the flour is fully incorporated.
- Finally fold in the carrots.
- Fill the batter in the prepared cupcake pan such that it is about 3/4 full in each cup. Then bake these for about 15-20 minutes. (Please note baking time varies with each oven. Check the done'ness by inserting the tooth pick. It has to come out clean. Over baking will yield dry cupcakes)
- It yields about 20 cupcakes.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting it.
For the frosting:
- In electric mixer, beat cream cheese and vanilla together on a low speed just until it is well blended with no lumps.
- Gradually add sifted powdered sugar and beat in low speed till it is fully incorporated and is smooth. Finally add vanilla extract and mix well.
- I wanted a casual look for the cupcakes so just applied frosting with the spatula and decorated it with walnuts and grated carrots. You can pipe the frosting and then apply sprinkles too. Decorate as you like. :)